Snowdon (1085m). No view.

Mynydd Mawr and Moel Cynghorion from Allt Goch

Sun! just.

With a high pressure system dominating the UK I thought I'd take a trip up Snowdon to see if I could get some nice photos of some cloud inversions but, unfortunately, the cloud was too thick on the summit and the winds was too strong. The train's still running to the summit and I think Hafan Eryri is open as well so let's hope for a busy half term next week. It's forecast to turn very cold by Friday so we may see some snow on the hills by the weekend. 

I was stopped at the start of the Llanberis path by 3 chaps in a car asking if they were on the correct road to the tea rooms on the summit!! I had to explain to them that it wasn't possible to drive to the summit and that it was 900m higher up in the mist.  I was also amazed that ill equipped people were starting their journey to the summit as late as lunch time. I think we need some information boards with some strong words of advice at the start of all the paths up Snowdon. For details of the route click here.

Popular posts from this blog

In house assessments and a special guest!