Snowdon with a difference

Had a long day today as I wanted to do a journey that I don't think I've ever done before. The fantastic weather and cold conditions gave me the incentive to go for it. The plan was to start off near Llanberis and ascend Moel Eilio and then follow the ridge line to Snowdon via Foel Gron, Foel Goch and Moel Cynghorion. The total distance is about 18kms (11 miles) and a total ascent of 1465m (4,806 feet). It was truly a stunning day and highly recommended alternative to the crowded Snowdon Horseshoe but I was glad to get back to the car 5 hours later! I tracked some of the journey on Endomondo as I forgot to turn the GPS tracker on at the start. Click here for the details. After grabbing a bite to eat I went up to the Beacon Climbing Centre to run a NICAS Induction training course for instructors who wish to deliver the scheme. The photo is of Snowdon and the finger stone at the top of the Miners Track.

Popular posts from this blog

In house assessments and a special guest!